My Biography

I am Marie Ribourg.  I was born in a small village of Torbeck in the southern part of Haiti.  I have a large family five sisters and seven brothers.  My mom passed away in August 2016.  I love reading and I have passion for science.  Back in my country, I worked at a large hospital as a Medical Laboratory Technician.  When I was in High school in Haiti, I was not interested in learning English.  My father told me all the time, you will need English try to learn it, and practice it! When I came to the United States in January 2017, I realized my father was right.  I started learning English by myself on the Duolingo web site and American English conversation phone app.  In South Carolina, where I lived for a few months, I did not socialize with anyone   who speaks my native language. Everyone in my surroundings was either English or Spanish spoken person.  I really needed to speak English! In September 2017, I moved from South Carolina to Massachusetts. In January 2018, I started as a student at an Adult Learning Center. It was a fast-track way to learn English.  I had a good instructor who made me feel comfortable learning language.  Just a year later, I was able to transfer into a college transition program at Massasoit Community College.  My goal is to be a Clinical Lab Scientist.  I am a single mother of two boys, fourteen and nine years old; and I am a full-time employee at Amazon. In other words, I am a very busy lady.

Published by

mirose2020

Learn To Achieve My Goal!!